1/27/2011

Home away from home_my review over the accomodation in Thailand






I met this cheerful Brit couple over the breakfast table at Be my guest B&B. They asked me how I learned this place among all the various places in different styles and scales for travelers. I told them I did my research via tripadviser. Apparently, they got their resources from the same website, too. Then there came another newly-wed couple to join our breakfast chat. They, too, did their homework via TRIPADVISER. We all agree the INTELLIGENCE we got from this online forum genuinely reflects the reality.

I always booked my accommodation via the price comparing system offered by Backpacker's Forum TW. It's a great tool for independent travelers. They have similar app. for airline tickets, too.

The host of Be my guest B&B is a Thai. He seems to run the place on his own term. He's very efficient, quick and a bit distant from the first sight. The place is full of information about the country and he himself is a great information center as I learned a few local knowledge from him.

Examples

He told me to avoid private buses like this. These kind of bus tend to wait long for more people so you can never count on them to take you to places promptly. It's true. I saw two of these red buses waited for more customers in the same spot for more than 10 minutes!The place seems to be a popular choices for Europeans and it seems like I'm the first Taiwanese customer. It's really a gem in this city sometimes seems a bit over developed for tourism.
The kitchen is nice and spacious. The breakfast sometimes comes with a bit local twist (see the clip).

The downside of the Be my guest B&B, however, is its quite difficult to find it even for taxi drivers. The place is located in a maze! So do print out the detailed map before you leave as the host suggests in the info. It costs me 260 Baht of taxi from the airport to the place. The Brit couple spent 300 Baht for the same trip...have no idea why??

and guest what, the Bri couple are not going back home until mid April!! and it's only the end of January now!! What a life!!


沒有留言:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed