10/11/2006

Happy Birthday, Taiwan

As scheduled, I went to the Taiwanes National Day Party last night. I havn't been to any similar occassions before. I don't know any one there, either. While waiting for something to do, I met another girl who immigrated to AU. when she was 12. It's nice to talk Chinese once in a while. I miss the language.

I also met several interesting people that night. Two gentlemen from the hospitality business. One of them lived in Taiwan for three years since 1985. He used to work for the airlines, now he starts his business in AU. Another one is from Hungary, Budapast (is that the right spelling? :-P). We have quite a long chat. The gentleman from Hungary looks a lot like one of the lectures I admire at school. He suggests that I should give him a ring after the party.
hmmmmmmm...
I'd love to. I want to know the possibility of working in the hospitality business here.
However, I still have trouble of deciphering people's real intentions behind the words. As a woman, I love the feeling of being flattered. However, as a person with a partner, accepting this invitation doesn't seem like a good idea.

I also noticed several things in the ceremony. The Director of General doesn't seem like familiar enough with the English script when she made the toast. It is kind of boring and embarassing to hear she pauses several times without proper reasons. I also think they should do more work on how to presenting Taiwan's strength and characters instead of just a luxurious setting.

But then again, it's always easy to criticize. In general, I made the right decision to skip the class and join this party.

沒有留言:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed