10/06/2006

Thredbo滑雪行ski trip



好久沒寫啦!好不容易在2個星期內趕完4份作業,今天終於可以鬆口氣!寫一下前陣子的thredbo滑雪行.
We're very priviledge to make up the last snow in Thredbo. It's not that I havn't seen snow before, but it is truely poetic and refreshing to see snow falling and covering everything in white. This is my very first ski attempt. Before we left for this ski trip organized by our uni gym, Norp told me to be careful since it is a rather dangerous kind of sport.
Well, yes, but luckily I made it back in one piece. :-)
We stayed there for two nights. We were quite shocked when we learned that the accomodation is actually dormitary styled. So Wayne spent another 80 to upgrade us to a double room.
To walk with the ski boots is a funny experience. The boots are so heavy and protective that it is nearly impossible to walk in usual way. Everyone walks like some mobs with legs outwarded in chinese eight (外八字怎麼講啊?).
I had difficulty of stoping and picking myself up in the first day. Luckily it doens't hurt to fell on the snow. Otherwise I'll have some real bad marks on my butts. I've fell for almost 20 times in the first day. At the end I really wish I can just lay there without having to struggle to get up!
But I seemed to pick up the skill a little bit in the afternoon. I can make a small turn when skiing down the hill. I can pick myself up and stop when I want to.
I felt a great sense of achievement for that!
Wayne said skiing is such a difficult sport to learn, so once you pick up the skill, you don't forget that. Good, coz I think i'll try that again somewhere sometime next year!!

沒有留言:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed